Conditional resumption of Walk in Hong Kong’s local group tours
The Hong Kong Government has announced the resumption of the “Conditional Exemption for Licensed Travel Agents to Organise Local Group Tours” on 27th April, 2021. Walk in Hong Kong has obtained the necessary clearance to include selected tours under the resumption scheme. Each sanctioned tour may receive a maximum of 29 guests, subject to several requirements imposed by the government.
香港政府於 2021 年 4 月 27 日宣布恢復「有條件豁免讓持牌旅行社舉辦本地遊旅行團」計劃。活現香港旗下部份團種已獲納入豁免範圍，可接待最多 29 名客人，惟須符合政府施加的一系列條件。
Requirements imposed by the Government 政府施加的要求
According to the guidelines, the following requirements must be fulfilled in each tour receiving the conditional exemption:
- 全程隨身攜帶已安裝「安心出行」流動應用程式的智能手機 Must bring a smartphone having installed the “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile application throughout the tour
- 每團人數上限為 30 人，導遊及隨團工作人員包括在內 Group size (including both guests and guide/staff) must not exceed 30
Tour guide and staff 導遊及工作人員
- 導遊必須持牌 Tour guide must be licensed
- 所有工作人員必須已接種第一劑疫苗；如因醫療需要未能接種，則須持有七日內陰性檢測結果 All staff must have received first dose of vaccine, or if vaccination is impossible on medical grounds, hold a negative test result from within 7 days before the tour
Travel agent 旅行社
- 必須為持牌旅行社 Must be a licensed travel agent
We understand that many of our clients and friends are averse to the conditions stipulated by the Government, in particular the requirements concerning the use of the “LeaveHomeSafe” app. You may consider booking our online virtual tours, or commissioning our in-person private tours as groups of no more than 4 guests (which does not require the exemption and are thus free from the conditions).
我們理解不少朋友對政府施加的部份條件有所抗拒（特別是有關使用「安心出行」應用程式的條款）。我們誠邀各位參與活現香港的網上直播虛擬導賞團，無需出門即可探索香港鮮為人知的一面。而人數在 4 人以內的導賞團由於符合一般限聚令之規定，故毋需遵照豁免計劃之規定。
Private Tours covered by the exemption 納入豁免範圍的私人包團團種
Note: Scheduled public tours will continue to be suspended. They can still be booked as private tours.
|Tour name／團名||Summary／簡介||Green spot／綠色景點|
|What Do Ghosts Eat? Wan Chai Ghosts & Food Tour||Wickedly fun tour to explore Hong Kong’s traditional beliefs while enjoying delicious treats.||Old Wan Chai Post Office|
|Kowloon Walled City & Food Adventure||Join us for a food adventure of steamy fishballs, freshly-baked egg tarts, juicy marinated goose slices, and more!||Kowloon Walled City Park|
|Old Town Central||Come along for an insider’s guide to the city’s fascinating mishmash of old and new. |
* Also check out our online real-time tour.
|Hong Kong Park|
|Market Hopping Food Tour in Kowloon||Overwhelm your five senses in one of the world’s most densely populated places||Yuen Po Street Bird Garden|
|Hill Town Charm — Food & Culture Tour in Sai Ying Pun||Visit a quaint hill town and explore the traditional shops hidden inside.||Green @ Sai Ying Pun|
|Island Architecture Walk||Marvel at distinctively Hong Kong architectural masterpieces, from neoclassical churches to cylindrical public housing.||Victoria Park|
|Sham Shui Po — A Story of Grassroots Hong Kong||See lively bazaars, a mosaic of public housing, not-yet-gentrified streetscapes, and stories of working-class grit and ingenuity.||Tung Chau Street Park|
|Tai O Fishing Village — A Tour of Traditions||Take a short trip to the “Venice of Hong Kong”.||Tai O|
|1967 Riots — Cultural Revolution in Hong Kong||Relive the past as we explore this monumental moment in Hong Kong’s history.||Quarry Bay Park|
防疫措施 Anti-pandemic measures
In line with the exemption scheme guidelines and undertakings, Walk in Hong Kong will implement the following anti-pandemic measures on each exempted tour:
- Carry out temperature check on each guest at the beginning of the tour, and refuse the participation of those who are feeling unwell.
- Require all guides and guests to wear a surgical mask at all times during the tour (except during tastings and meals), and rinse their hands with sanitizer gel or wet napkins from time to time.
- Guests will listen to the guide’s commentary through a wireless receiver system (for hygiene reasons, guests are advised to bring their own 3.5mm jack headphones to connect to our receiver).
- Retain the name and contact details of each guest, and provide them to health authorities when necessary.
Those who refuse to comply with the above guidelines will be asked to cease their participation in the tour.
As a responsible licensed travel agent that cares for the wellbeing of our guests, our staff and also the community, Walk in Hong Kong will also go the extra mile and adopt the following additional measures:
- Remove or reduce food tastings to minimize instances of removing the mask.
- Clean and disinfect each wireless receiver thoroughly both before and after use.
- Keep the number of guests within 15 (as opposed to the allowed limit of 30).
- 導賞員將用無綫收發系統進行講解，參加者建議自備 3.5mm 制式耳筒，接駁導賞員分發的個人接收器，以保障衞生；及
- 將參加者數目限制於 15 人以內。