Hong Kong may not have rainbow flags flying in every district, but the city does have a rich lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) history. In this engaging 2.5-hour night walking tour, your entertaining and passionate local guide will lead you through historical landmarks in Central and Sheung Wan while discussing the city’s LGBT history, activism, and culture through storytelling and interactive activities. We will also touch on other sex and gender issues in this Asia’s world city. Be inspired by the rich and diverse history of Hong Kong’s LGBT community. A free drink is included.
*Walk In Hong Kong has just been named Hong Kong’s Top LGBT+ Inclusive SME Employer for 2017!*
• Learn about Hong Kong’s LGBT history and its key personalities through interactive activities
• Visit iconic spots where some of Hong Kong’s pre-eminent LGBT movies were shot, such as Happy Together and All About Love
• Pass by landmarks like the old Propaganda — the revolutionary bar that was Hong Kong’s most popular gay hangout spot for almost 25 years
• Visit hidden LGBT hangout spots in the back alleys
• Experience the gay bars in Sheung Wan and Central and hear about the stories that happened there while enjoying a free drink
"I had the pleasure to join the first LGBTI Walk Hong Kong tour. As a member of this community and a Hong Kong resident for close to 15 years I wasn’t sure what to expect and if I would learn anything new. I not only discovered some facts about Hong Kong’s LGBT history that were new to me but I also spent an amazing few hours with a very enthusiastic and knowledge guide. I would recommend this tour not only to visitors to our wonderfully city rich in stories and history but to anybody LGBTI or ally who want to know more about the men, women and transgender Hong Kongers who created a powerful and vibrant community in not the easiest of environments."
- Betty Grisoni, Co-Founder of Les Peches and Co-Director of Pink Dot
"What a pleasure to join the very first LGBT walk-in HK tour! I am amazed by the research and knowledge delivered by the tour guide and her team. Filled with interactive activities and small adventure, I am glad to see the hidden gem and hear some stories of the local LGBT community, such as the story of Mid-Levels Escalator. If you want to know more about LGBT in Hong Kong, want to widen your perspective, or just even want to have a taste of nightlife of local LGBT, this LGBT walking tour is surely on your must-do list. You are not going to meet HOCC and Anthony Wong (local gay icons), but I am sure you are going to meet passionate tour guide and LGBT friends and allies in this remarkable friendly walking tour."
- Pantha Joey Siu, Social Worker and PhD Candidate at University of Hong Kong