Hong Kong may not have rainbow flags flying in every district, but the city does have a rich lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) history. In this engaging 2.5-hour walking tour, your entertaining and passionate local guide will lead you through historical landmarks in Central and Sheung Wan while discussing the city’s LGBT history, activism, and culture through storytelling and interactive activities. We will also touch on other sex and gender issues in this Asia’s world city. Be inspired by the rich and diverse history of Hong Kong’s LGBT community. A free drink is included.
Meet up with your guide, an entertaining and passionate local who shares historical information and leads you in interactive activities as you tour. Pass by landmarks like the old Propaganda —the revolutionary bar whose used to be in the HK’s gay hangout spots for almost 25 years. While the tour will cover some sexual content, the guide will ensure the tour is conducted in a professional and educational way that keep tourists entertained and informed. Come celebrate our city’s queer identity and delve into our LGBT past.
• Deepen participants’ understanding of Hong Kong’s LGBT history and culture and facilitate dialogue on the subject
• Gain an appreciation of the broad range of sexual identities and vocabulary commonly used in the LGBT community through interactive activities
• Hear the stories behind several landmark cases that significantly influenced LGBT rights and legislation in Hong Kong
• Pass by landmarks like the old Propaganda —the revolutionary bar that was Hong Kong’s most popular gay hangout spot for almost 25 years
• Visit iconic spots where some of Hong Kong’s pre-eminent LGBT movies were shot, such as All About Love
• Learn about the important contributions of the LGBT community toward the diversity of politics, arts, sports, and culture in the city
• Experience the gay bars in Sheung Wan and Central and hear about the stories that happened there while enjoying a free drink