Walk in Hong Kong is looking for tour guides / docents!
Walk in Hong Kong is a leading cultural enterprise that offers lovingly-designed and well-researched walking tours open to anyone eager to experience the lesser-seen sides of Hong Kong. Our immersive experiences are fun, informative and celebratory of the city’s tales, past and present, in all their gritty, quirky glory. Since our inception in 2013, we have curated memorable experiences for over 30,000 participants.
We are now recruiting tour guides to lead a wide range of cultural tours for us on a freelance basis.
We are looking for individuals who are
- Degree holder (Bachelor's level or above) in any discipline
- Strong command of both Cantonese and English
- Good knowledge of Hong Kong history and culture
Priority will be given to applicants who
- Holder of a valid Tourist Guide Licence issued by the Travel Industry Authority (TIA) / Tourist Guide Pass issued by the Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong (TICHK);
- At least 1 year of full-time/part-time experience in leading tours; OR
- Possess a certificate from a relevant first aid training course recognized by the HKSAR Government (first aid talks organized by TICHK are not counted)
- All licensed guides are providing service as freelancers without entering into any employment relationship with Walk In Hong Kong Limited.
- Successful applicants will be added to our pool of guides and be trained to guide tours of different itineraries. After that, they might be invited to take up tours from time to time. However, we are unable to guarantee that each tour guide would receive any specific amount of jobs.
Interested parties please fill in this form for application.
Please have the following documents and information ready as we will be asking for them in the application form:
- Proof of academic attainment
- Proof of tour guiding experience (if any)
- Scanned copy of your Tourist Guide Pass / Tourist Guide Licence (if any)
- Scanned copy of a valid certificate of first aid training issued by a recognized institution (if any)
More about Walk in Hong Kong
Walk in Hong Kong is the city's leading cultural enterprise. We are known for our wonderful storytelling. We make what could be dry history lessons into memorable experiences, rooted in Hong Kong’s people and culture. Our skills transcend the real and virtual world, and allow us to curate equally engaging journeys both offline and online. Our experiences are well loved by travellers, corporates, schools, families, and locals alike.
Our vision does not stop there. Despite our small scale, we are an influential advocate for heritage conservation and driving social changes. In 2016, our team successfully lobbied for a Grade 1 historic building status for State Theatre in North Point, helping preserve one of the city's most important theatrical venues.
Walk in Hong Kong began life in 2013 as a startup. Entrepreneurial spirit is deeply embedded in the company’s DNA. Learn more about our work culture here.