Dive into Hong Kong the food paradise and taste the best that Cantonese, Shanghainese, Teochew and Hong Kong local cuisines have to offer. Our lovingly curated food tastings will not only take you on a journey of the five senses with behind-the-scenes access, each comes with a special story to tell about our city’s past and the curiously charming local ways of life too – a thrilling and compact adventure in Kowloon!
Your expert guide will also take you to where the legendary Kowloon Walled City once stood, a lawless state squeezed between giant antagonists. And what better way to know the city than by venturing into the public housing estates and observe how the locals carry on their daily lives!
This 4-hour walking tour takes you deep into the off-the-beaten-track neighborhoods of Lok Fu, Kowloon City and Wong Tai Sin. The leisurely pace of the tour ensures you have plenty of time to enjoy the delicious food, plus to digest in between tastings. Throughout the tour, you will be entertained with neighborhood stories as told by local characters, personal tales from your guide, as well as amusing trivia about Hong Kong. So, are you ready for the adventure?
Limited Time Offer
Our tour guests are entitled to a free traditional qipao/cheongsam wearing experience that lets you try on the iconic chinese garment and capture the moment with the stunning backdrop of Wong Tai Sin. An opportunity not to be missed!
6 Tasty Dishes
1.Egg tarts - Hong Kong’s last governor Chris Patten’s favorite street snack. Enjoy exclusive access to this beloved local bakery’s kitchen in Lok Fu Place and taste them fresh off the oven.
2.Enjoy an assortment of dim sum inside the Temple Mall, where you can go behind-the-scene for a demonstration of dim sum making by the master chefs.
3.Forget the artificial fish balls sold at roadside shops. Follow us to a well-kept secret for the most juicy and bouncy fish balls in town by the Lam Family! Their legendary fish ball shop once resided in the Kowloon Walled City.
4.Hear the contributions of the Shanghainese to Hong Kong as you enjoy a delicious bowl of Shanghainese noodle.
5.Teochew Gong Fu tea and other tea tasting - admire the tea master’s skills and knowledge as he performs the tea ceremony for you, whose family business has grown from a little village shop over 50 years ago to the tea oasis in Lok Fu Place today
6.Mystery dish - to be revealed on the tour!
Sights & Stories
- Fresh market adventure: immerse yourself in a bustling Lok Fu Market and visit sellers of food both conventional and much less so: from fresh seafood, pickles to live chicken!
- Stroll through the beautifully-landscaped Kowloon Walled City Park and enjoy a rich slew of fascinating stories that arose out of the near-century-long political and legal vacuum of the Walled City.
- Hear memories from the hillside squatters that used to define the area and see how the mosaic of well-designed public housing blocks shape unique communities in Hong Kong.
1. From time to time, it is necessary for participants to provide data to us in connection with the services provided by us, including name, phone number, email address and postal address.
2. Such data will be used for the purpose of processing booking or general enquires, and the distribution of promotional materials relating to Walk in Hong Kong.
3. Data held by us relating to a participant will be kept confidential. Walk in Hong Kong will not share any of the participants’ personal data with our business partners, nor collect such information on behalf of the partners.
4. Our business partners will not collect or retain any of the participants’ personal data.
5. We intend to use the participants’ data in direct marketing including sending newsletters and other promotional materials from time to time. If you prefer not to receive such information, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us at any time and without charge, by emailing us at [email protected]
6. You have the right under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of the laws of Hong Kong) (the “Ordinance”) to:
(a) check whether we hold data about you and access such data;
(b) require us to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate; and
(c) ascertain our policies and practices in relation to data and be informed of the kind of personal data held by us.
7. If you wish to access or correct your data, please email us at [email protected]
We may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
8. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit your right under the Ordinance.