Freelance Researchers & Script Writers WANTED!
Walk in Hong Kong is seeking a talented individual with a passion for local cultural heritage, a sharp eye for detail, and excellent research and writing skills.
*University students are also welcomed to apply!*
As a freelance researcher and tour script writer, you will be responsible for researching and crafting compelling tour scripts that capture the unique culture, history, and attractions of an assigned project. You will work closely with our team to ensure that your work contributes to an immersive and unforgettable experience for our clients.
To excel in this role, you must be able to work independently and meet tight deadlines. You should have a background in journalism or history research. Good writing skills in either Cantonese or English (both are even better!) is required.
If you have a talent for writing and research, we want to hear from you! Join our team!
We are looking for individuals who are
- Interest in conducting project-based research
- Strong command of Cantonese or English
- Good knowledge of Hong Kong history and culture is a plus
Priority will be given to applicants who
- A degree holder (Bachelor's level or above) in journalism/ history/ cultural studies/ anthropology
- Able to present previous research and/ or script writing work
- You are providing services as freelancers without entering into any employment relationship with Walk In Hong Kong Limited.
- Successful applicants will be added to our pool of researchers and script writers. After that, you might be invited to engage in projects from time to time. However, we are unable to guarantee that each researcher and script writer would receive any specific amount of jobs.
Interested parties please fill in this form for application.
Please have the following documents and information ready as we will be asking for them in the application form:
- Proof of academic attainment
- Previous research and/or script writing work (if any)
More about Walk in Hong Kong
Walk in Hong Kong is the city's leading cultural enterprise. We are known for our wonderful storytelling. We make what could be dry history lessons into memorable experiences, rooted in Hong Kong’s people and culture. Our skills transcend the real and virtual world, and allow us to curate equally engaging journeys both offline and online. Our experiences are well loved by travellers, corporates, schools, families, and locals alike.
Our vision does not stop there. Despite our small scale, we are an influential advocate for heritage conservation and driving social changes. In 2016, our team successfully lobbied for a Grade 1 historic building status for State Theatre in North Point, helping preserve one of the city's most important theatrical venues.
Walk in Hong Kong began life in 2013 as a startup. Entrepreneurial spirit is deeply embedded in the company’s DNA. Learn more about our work culture here.