Date: 22 Jan 2017 (Sunday)
Time: 10:30am – 12:30pm (2 hours)
Location: Causeway Bay
Cost: Free of charge
Quota: 20 guests (Result will be announced on Jan 19 via email)
For booking: https://goo.gl/forms/8iOvfwV4Kv8mxeQ13
Enjoy some refreshments at the Grana Store. Every guest will receive a Grana Goody Bag and exclusive promo code.
– Marvel at the power of commerce, be it British trading companies or Japanese department stores, in transforming the face of Causeway Bay.
– Retrace the dazzling array of merchants who once set up shop here, with their businesses ranging from a sugar refinery, a cotton mill, an ice house, to the first McDonald’s in Hong Kong.
– Explore the hidden nooks and crannies of Causeway Bay, uncovering how missionaries spread their faith and developed one of the earliest forms of social welfare in this city.
– Hear tales about a long-lost amusement park and of the grandest theatres that once graced Hong Kong.
– Enjoy some refreshment in the Grana Store.
Terms & Conditions
– Each person may sign up once only and may reserve up to 2 spots
– Participants will be selected by drawing lots. We will contact successful sign-ups by email on Jan 19.
– Successful sign-ups will be informed of the tour details in the confirmation email
– If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail us at [email protected] or via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WalkInHongKong/
– The walk will be rescheduled if the Red/ Black Rainstorm warning, or Typhoon no. 8 signal or above is hoisted 3 hours before the walk.
– Organisers reserve the right to change the tour itinerary or cancel the event.