LGBT in the City
Asia’s one and only English-speaking LGBT tour
Hong Kong may not have rainbow flags flying in every district, but the city does have a rich lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) history. A meeting point of various cultures, Hong Kong has been a unique home to queers.
In this engaging walking tour, your entertaining and passionate local guide will lead you through historical landmarks in Central and Sheung Wan while discussing the city’s LGBT history, activism, and culture through storytelling and interactive activities. We will also touch on other sex and gender issues in this world city. Be inspired by the rich and diverse history of Hong Kong’s LGBT community.
Highlights of the Tour
- Hear the stories behind several landmark cases that significantly influenced LGBT rights and legislation in Hong Kong
- Pass by landmarks like the old Propaganda — the revolutionary bar that was Hong Kong’s most popular gay hangout spot for almost 25 years
- Visit iconic spots where some of Hong Kong’s preeminent LGBT movies were shot, such as All About Love
- Learn about the important contributions of the LGBT community toward the diversity of politics, arts, sports, and culture in the city
- Experience the gay bars in Sheung Wan and Central
- Enjoy a free drink!
"Desmond did a great job telling us about the struggle and progress of the LGBT movement in China."
Frank P., Eugene, Orgeon, USA
"You might end up feeling a part of the community with the warm hospitality shared."
Darrick S., Bangkok, Thailand
"We were intrigued when we saw this company doing a tour of LGBT history in Hong Kong. No one else in Asia, let alone HK, is doing something similar. We love love loved this tour. It was the highlight of our weeklong visit to the city."
Hank S., New York City, USA